Friday, April 9, 2021

Pay $0.01 for Cloud Hosted MLflow

Let's say you're a ML practitioner working in start up, small company or any company that had limited budget and you would like to explore the use of MLflow to manage your team's machine learning life cycle, but you don't want to take the hassle of setup your own instance of MLflow. Then, the good new is "You can have your own MLflow tracking server and MLflow UI running on the cloud for $0.01 only", that's sound unbelievable, right?

I found the following great deal from AWS Marketplace:When I come across the offer above from InfinStor, I think it is too good to be true, there's must be a catch. I decided to take up the offer and try it out. First of all, I don't have any affiliation or association with InfinStor, I wrote this post is simply for sharing purpose.

Once you sign up and login to the InfinStor console, you will see the following screen which clearly tell you what is the possible "hidden" cost involved. 

In short, if you're NOT running the jupyter notebook and MLflow project using EC2 instance, the cost should be minimal. To setup the MLflow tracking server, please check the documentation under "Initial Configuration By Admin" section.

I tested the MLflow tracking server and MLflow UI by running a MLflow project locally. You can checkout the changes I made for helloworld example and go through the Using InfinStor Mlflow Projects to find out how to do that.

Hope this help. Happy weekend! :)

Like this blog?

Thanks for visiting! If you like what you see, I'd really appreciate you linking to it or otherwise sharing it with people you think would find it useful.

No comments: