Saturday, January 1, 2011

Kick Off JQuery Form Builder Plugin Project

What is Form Builder?
A GUI or WYSIWYG tool that allowed you to create online forms in web browser without any programming knowledge.

The project
The JQuery Form Builder Plugin project is a brand new project that licensed under Apache 2.0 kicked off by me on the first great day of the new year, 1-1-11 that implementing Form Builder as JQuery Plugin and using JQuery UI as widgets.

The JQuery Form Builder Plugin project implements the front-end of Form Builder, another sister project Grails Form Builder Plugin implements the back-end of Form Builder using Grails Framework. Please take note that the JQuery Form Builder Plugin is back-end natural, you are welcome to implement the back-end of Form Builder using any language, framework and platform you preferred.

Origin of the project and motivation behind
Since I kicked off the Grails Form Builder Plugin project 2 months ago, I found an open source JQuery Form Builder which I think likely to meet my project requirements.

However, when I dig into the codes and attempt to refine it few days ago, I find out that the project have one critical issue: It is not design to support extensibility and modularity. I can see that if I use it as initial code base of Grails Form Builder Plugin's front-end, I will have problem to extend it to support additional widgets and will have hard time to maintain it. That's how the born of JQuery Form Builder Plugin project that intended to solve this issue.

Nevertheless,  the JQuery Form Builder remained to be very good reference for the JQuery Form Builder Plugin Project. Just drop me a mail if you are interested to join this project.

Happy New Year 2011!


Like this blog?

Thanks for visiting! If you like what you see, I'd really appreciate you linking to it or otherwise sharing it with people you think would find it useful.

No comments: